CHF offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to focus on your goals for the future and to jump-start your life.
Hard Work requires that you:
- Work a paying job.*
- Work a plan to improve your future. Some good options are computer boot camps, trade apprenticeships, associate degrees, or bachelor’s degrees.
- Do weekly community service.
- Meet regularly with your counselor and case manager and follow their recommendations.
- Attend bi-monthly education and support groups.
- Demonstrate a commitment and desire to learn, grow, and work hard to fulfill your goal of sustainable self-sufficiency in a reasonable length of time.
*Paying job includes full-time and part-time work that covers basic expenses (excluding those classified as disabled and unable to work).
What does CHF’s once in a lifetime opportunity do for me?
- Reduced rent: Residents pay 30% of their income as rent. **
- Free case management
- Free counseling
- Gang free community
- Drug and alcohol free community
- Violence free community
- Felony free community
- On-site Food bank
- CHF Clothing bank
- CHF Furniture bank
- Essentially, most of what you need to take a time out from working 40-50 hours/week in a $10/hour job and focus instead on working hard toward gaining a career where you can make a livable wage to support your family.
**Reduced rent allows residents to focus on working hard toward gaining a career where you can make a livable wage to support your family.